Sunday, April 6, 2008

Another Ride...

Getting ready to bring Rhett in for another ride...
On our way into the barn.
I always start my time with Rhett giving him a nice grooming, checking him over and getting him saddled up and ready to go. Then we do some "ground work" or what I refer to as "ground play" Rhett seems to be a bit nervous of one end of the arena so that is what we are concentrating on right now. He needs to learn that nothing is going to hurt him there. He's really doing well and I'm very pleased with his progress. He's a very smart boy!
Our rides are being kept very simple right now. Walking and working on our turning and getting the jitters out of Rhett in certain areas of the arena. He's doing great and is really getting used to having me on his back. I just know that we are going to enjoy many wonderful trail rides together!

No comments: