Thursday, January 8, 2009

Memorial to TJ

On October 3, 2008 we lost our sweet TJ. I dropped into the barn to ask Penny a question and we found TJ down out in the pasture. We took the boys into the arena but it was soon apparent that TJ was suffering from a very bad case of Colic. TJ was an old horse and he was in a lot of pain. When a tranqualizer shot from the vet made no difference in his condition at all it was decided that the most humane thing would be to send TJ to the rainbow bridge. He died in my arms...I miss him so...
Rhett & TJ had a very special relationship right from the first minute we put them together in a field. I swear I heard TJ say "took you long enough" when Rhett arrived. They got along from the instant they met, no pinning of the ears, no challenges, nothing. They sniffed each other and went to much at the round bale. They were best friends from day one and I know without a doubt that Rhett misses his dear friend very very much.


No comments: