Tuesday, February 26, 2008

For Starters...

I want to start this blog by honouring a very special horse who played a very important role in my life. He was with me through good times and bad and as I watched him grow older I realized that life was so precious and that you should never take advantage of what you have, every day is a gift. There is a song that plays on the radio called "One More Day" and everytime I hear it I think of Blugh. What I wouldn't give to just have one more day. One more opportunity to tell him how much I loved him and how much I miss him. One more walk to the best clover patch to let him graze while I sit and just watch him. One more nuzzle, one more hug, just one more minute to feel him close to me....

It wasn't until Blugh was gone that I realized it wasn't just having a horse that was so special...it was having Blugh. Because he was so special and because we had such a fantastic bond it made sharing my life with him such an incredible experience. Even now, seven years after he went home I still miss him with all my heart and soul. I know he's here in spirit all the time and I will always love him. He was my first horse, my dream come true...but it does go much deeper than that. We've been together before and I know we'll be together again...


2 comments:

Janet said...

Oh Amanda!! I'm in tears now.

They truly do touch our souls that way. I've also longed for *One More Day* many times and feel your pain

(((HUGS)))

IceRyder said...

Good job on the site, Amanda!

I have the PNH 7 games here:

http://iceryder.net/7games.html

Judy