Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Parelli with Paul

I had a very pleasant suprise on Family Day when I got a phone call from our friends Paul & Tina in Collingwood. They offered to pop down that afternoon and show me some basic Parelli training so that I could work on it with Rhett. Parelli is a training method that is a very natural way of working with your horse. You spend time playing games and doing fun things together. We spent a couple hours in the arena and both Rhett and I learned soooo much!

Paul is showing Rhett some of the starting points of Parelli, things that we can work on and then advance to doing these things off lead or "at liberty". Rhett did quite well and seemed to really enjoy using his mind as well as his body. Thanks Paul for taking the time to teach an old dog (me) some new tricks!



No comments: