Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hanging out

I am now an official employee of Paden Farms! I work on Tuesday, Thursday and Fridays. I clean out the barn, water and hay the horses and I LOVE it! Best job I've ever had. I got lot's of good experience at TTC for this - shovelling shit! tee hee. Honestly though, its a great job. I get a workout, and a real sense of accomplishment when I'm done and the barn looks great! Besides I get to see Rhett even more. Kaeleb joins me if I'm not finished my chores when he's done school on Tues/Thurs. Fridays he's there the whole time. Right now its hard on him because the area of the barn where I work isn't heated although its not cold. He does get chilled cause he's not working! I have a cot which my wonderful friend Heather loaned me and a portable DVD player to keep him busy. Once the lounge is done he'll have a warm place to watch tv. The pic above is Kaeleb and Penny feeding Rhett and TJ! I'll make farmers out of my boys yet!
Daelin loves to come to the barn. He doesn't get to be there nearly as often as Kaeleb but he'll get his share this summer when he's off school! He really enjoys Rhett although he's still not used to being around such a large animal. Hopefully once I get Rhett going under saddle I'll be able to get the boys riding as well.


This picture of Daelin and Rhett is one of my favourites! Rhett really seems to have a true love of children, he just can't resist them. Daelin was hanging out at the jump because having Rhett at liberty was making him a little nervous. Rhett came right over and was nudging him, almost like he was trying to say it was ok we're buddies! or maybe they are telling secrets, who knows!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I have another similarity to add to your story of why Rhett was the *right* horse.
One of my most beloved geldings was named Paden. Paden was put down a few years back as he had a brain tumor. I miss him VERY much