Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Our First Parelli Session

Rhett really is amazing me at how well he's picking up the Parelli. We both really enjoy doing it together.
I can feel that this will really help with our bonding. He tries so hard and seems pleased when he does what you are asking. He responds to very light touch and seems to pick things up very easily. I'm really enjoying working with him on the ground...

Above I am preparing Rhett for our first ride. Unfortunately it was a short one! I got on, he rolled! I didn't even manage to get a picture sitting on him first. Saddle is fine, I'm a bit sore but none the worse for wear. I really think that I'm doing things backwards though, I have the rolling rodeo horse when I'm 40 and I had the sensible do anything with horse when I was 17! I'm getting too old for this stuff! In all seriousness, I've already pondered this situation for a long time as its dangerous to have a horse who rolls with someone on his back! I'm very confident that our next ride will be much more successful.
My friend Heather brought her daughter Rachel by to meet Rhett. As I have said before he LOVES children and I think this picture says it all!

Even though he rolled on me, I still think he's a keeper :-)


No comments: